Work-related stress is one of the most difficult issues for companies and their employees. Not only is it often a long-term problem, it is difficult to predict which employees will be affected and how best to help them. It is also sometimes used by employees without just cause to justify time off. An NHS GP will sign people off work without much thought to the consequences for both employee and employer, and will provide very little additional information to the employer. They also will not provide advice to the employee about how to manage their stress and move forward. An independent assessment by a private practice such as the Harley Street Health Centre has a number of key benefits.
Key benefits include:
• A detailed report of the assessment for the employer
• An opportunity for the employee to discuss what they need to feel less stressed at work
• An opportunity to use corporate health insurance to support the employee
• Pro-active support in getting an employee back to work with long-term solutions in place
• Access to therapists and a member of the Stress Management Institute
• A deterrent to false claims of work-related stress
Include training of the HR team in spotting and dealing with signs of work-related stress and techniques for employees to manage their stress and look after their emotional wellbeing in the workplace.
The best point of call for companies is our managing director, Alya Shakir. Please contact her on either of the clinic numbers or by email. Following a discussion, we will be able to provide you with preferential rates, advice and formulate employment medicals for you depending on your requirements.