If it is your first time with us as a patient, or are coming in for a new prescription, you will need to have a consultation with one of our doctors.
If you have already had a test with us that has confirmed an infection, you will be able to collect your prescription without a second consultation. We can also fax your prescription to your nearest pharmacy for your convenience.
Repeat prescriptions will be issued in accordance with clinical guidelines. If you have already been seen at our clinic, in some cases you will be able to request a repeat prescription over the telephone, without coming in for a second consultation. Depending on the medication, however, a follow-up consultation or telephone consultation may be necessary in order to ensure your safety.
We cannot guarantee that you will be able to receive the prescription you are requesting from our doctors. The final decision is always at the doctor’s discretion and whatever the case, we will act according to medical and clinical guidelines.
Please note that our clinic does not, under any circumstances, prescribe controlled drugs.
Our prescription policy
- A consultation is required for all new patients and all new prescriptions (unless we are treating an infection we have diagnosed through testing).
- Repeat prescriptions are issued according to clinical guidelines. Sometimes, a follow-up consultation or telephone discussion may be required periodically.
- If your prescription is for a condition such as anxiety, depression, pain management or sleep disturbance, we may need to speak to your GP to verify when you were last prescribed the medication.
- We are unable to guarantee that our doctors will be able to provide the prescription you are requesting. We must act on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with medical and clinical guidelines.
- We do not prescribe controlled drugs under any circumstances.
You will receive your prescription on the same day as your consultation, or if tests are pending, we can fax them to your local pharmacy.