We cannot always understand the cause of fatigue, but our screening package is a beneficial start. The package includes detailed doctor consultation and an investigation of the most common culprits, followed by advice and next steps.
You are probably reading this because you’ve been looking for answers to why you feel so tired for this long. We totally understand.
We may be unable to give everyone the answers they need, as chronic fatigue is a complex and challenging area of medicine. Still, we can exclude the most common causes of tiredness, provide you with enough face-to-face time with an experienced doctor and advise you on lifestyle changes, medications and supplements and the next steps of the investigation if it comes to that.
What does the fatigue screening include?
- A 60-minute face-to-face consultation with a doctor. We can also accommodate virtual consultations if you prefer them. During this consultation, your doctor will do their best to understand how your fatigue began, what might have triggered it, how it is affecting your life and what can be done to help alleviate your symptoms. They will also look at nutritional causes of inflammation and fatigue that could also be contributing to your symptoms (eg. lactose or fructose intolerance) and explore the research-guided impact of gut health on energy and wellbeing.
- Blood testing for signs of anaemia, iron deficiency, inflammation, kidney and liver dysfunction, vitamin D, vitamin B12, folate and a full thyroid screen. Full-screen hormone testing can also be provided as an add-on (£195) if clinically appropriate.
- A follow-up telephone consultation with all of your results and next steps
More about fatigue
- Fatigue, most or all of the time, is very common. According to a recent survey (January 2022), one in eight adults in the UK constantly experiences fatigue. A further 25% of adults in the UK feel tired “most of the time”, while a further third reported feeling weary around “half of the time”.
- We are learning more and more about what contributes to chronic fatigue, with clear connections to viral illnesses such as Epstein Barr Virus being a common trigger. Now with 2 million people in the UK living with long COVID, a massive increase in those dealing with chronic fatigue has been documented.
- We know that chronic fatigue impacts all aspects of a person’s life – from relationships to fitness to self-care to mental health. We will never suggest that what you feel is “in your head” – what an insulting thing to say to someone experiencing a debilitating condition.
- We believe that there is no mind-body divide – what affects the body affects the mind and vice versa – and every condition must be taken seriously and investigated thoroughly.
If you need our help, we are here. You can book a fatigue screening by calling or emailing us. We look forward to welcoming you.