How We Are Responding to the Coronavirus Outbreak
The Harley Street Health Centre is closely monitoring the situation with respect to Coronavirus and making important changes to keep you safe while continuing to be available for your healthcare needs.
Our clinic remains open from 8:00am-6:30pm Monday to Friday with additional safety measures.
We are strictly following Public Health England guidelines to ensure the safety of all our staff and patients. We are taking the necessary precautions to reduce the risk of spread of Covid-19 whilst meeting our duty of care towards our patients and are implementing a new triage policy for all patients who wish to attend the clinic to keep everyone safe.
We are still seeing patients at the clinic for a variety of appointments. Please do not attend the clinic if you have experienced any documented COVID-19 symptoms in the last 21 days. We can offer telephone and video consultations if you need us and can organise a prescription and treatment remotely.
Additional safety measures
Our clinic is based in a period building which has a narrow entrance and lobby area. As a result, the safest way to ensure patients have enough personal space is by restricting the number of patients in the clinic at any one time. These safety measures are intended to reduce the risk of spreading infection and to keep our patients and team members safe:
- Patients are asked to wear a triple-layered mask with filtration when entering the clinic. If you are unable to obtain one in time for your appointment, don’t worry – we can provide one for you. If you only have a single-layer fabric mask, a medical-grade mask will be provided to you.
- If you are exempt from wearing a mask for a medical reason or disability, you will be seen at the clinic but we will ask you to wait for your appointment away from the waiting area for everyone’s safety. We appreciate your understanding.
- Patients are asked to sanitise their hands on entry to the clinic.
- You will be greeted by a steward who helps maintain a safe number of patients in the clinic at any one time. Please be patient with our team – they are following guidelines to keep everyone safe.
- As we restrict the number of patients in the clinic at any one time, you may be asked to queue in a socially-distanced manner outside the clinic very briefly.
- Only patients will be allowed in the clinic – you can only be accompanied if you need additional assistance.
- We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Infection control measures
In addition to our usual infection control measures, we have implemented several new measures to further reduce the risk of infection as follows:
- Disinfection schedule of common areas and all high contact surfaces every 30 minutes
- Disinfection of clinical spaces, seats, equipment and high-contact areas between every patient
- Hand sanitiser provided throughout the clinic
- Weekly COVID-19 testing of our team members and clinicians to exclude an active infection
- Use of screens at the reception desk
- Testing available for all patients
- PCR swab test at home or at the clinic (if asymptomatic)
- SureScreen instant coronavirus antibody test
- Abbott laboratory coronavirus antibody test by blood draw
All information on testing is available on our website – just search for “coronavirus” in the search bar.
Telephone and Skype consultations
If you are suffering from flu or cold symptoms, regardless of recent travel, please do not attend the clinic in person until these symptoms have resolved. We are able to conduct telephone or Skype consultations with you and provide a prescription remotely, either by post or by fax to a local pharmacy. We can also point you to a pharmacy delivery service. Call us on 020 7323 1023 or email [email protected] to book a consultation.
Home Visits Service
If you need to see a doctor, do not have COVID-19 symptoms but are apprehensive to travel to our clinic, we can send a doctor to you for a home visit. We are able to dispatch a doctor within 2-3 hours. Please call us on 020 7323 1023 to organise your visit.
Skype psychotherapy sessions
Our psychotherapy service is now available using Skype / Zoom / Whatsapp. Please call the clinic to organise your appointment.